A blender is one of those kitchen tools that you may not use every day. But when you need one, nothing else can do the job. Ninja brand blenders are reliable mid-range machines and do exactly what you need in terms of crushing ice, blending smoothies, and preparing soups. The Ninja company also wants your blender to be a go-to item in the kitchen that never gathers dust. That’s why they offer a huge range of products and have integrated all sorts of additional functionality into the designs currently on the market. When you need to purchase a blender that won’t break the bank, look no further than Ninja. We are here to help you find the best Ninja blender for your kitchen, with in-depth reviews and all the specs on 10 top reviewed products.
Table of Contents
- Determining Your Best Blender
- A Note About BPA
- Warranty Information
- Top 10 Best Ninja Blender on the Market
- 1 Ninja Professional Countertop Blender with 1100-Watt Base, 72oz Total Crushing Pitcher and (2) 16oz Cups for Frozen Drinks and Smoothies (BL660)
- 2 Ninja Professional 72oz Countertop Blender with 1000-Watt Base and Total Crushing Technology for Smoothies, Ice and Frozen Fruit (BL610)
- 3 Ninja Personal Blender for Shakes, Smoothies, Food Prep, and Frozen Blending with 700-Watt Base and (2) 16-Ounce Cups with Spout Lids (QB3001SS)
- 4 Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770) Blender/Food Processor with 1500W Auto-iQ Base
- 5 Ninja BL480D Blender 24/18 oz Black/Silver
- 6 Ninja Blender/Food Processor with 450-Watt Base, 48oz Pitcher, 16oz Chopper Bowl, and 40oz Processor Bowl for Shakes, Smoothies, and Meal Prep (QB1004)
- 7 Ninja 400-Watt Blender/Food Processor for Frozen Blending, Chopping and Food Prep with 48-Ounce Pitcher and 16-Ounce Chopper Bowl (QB900B)
- 8 Ninja Smart Screen Blender with 1000-Watt Base, 4-Auto-iQ Programs, Touchscreen Display, Total Crushing Pitcher, (CT650)
- 9 Ninja Smart Screen Duo Technology in Black (CT661V) Countertop Blender with Freshvac 72 oz
- 10 Nutri Ninja Personal and Countertop Blender with 1200-Watt Auto-iQ Base, 72-Ounce Pitcher, and 18, 24, and 32-Ounce Cups with Spout Lids (BL642)
- About the Ninja Company
Determining Your Best Blender
With such a huge range of products, it can be overwhelming to decide which Ninja blender is best for you. The key is really to think about what you need it for. Following are a few questions to consider when narrowing down your top choices.
1. How many people am I feeding?
If you are a single person or part of a couple without children, a personal sized blender might be plenty. These units are much smaller and more compact than family-sized blenders.
2. How much storage space do I have?
Even if you are feeding a family, you may not have a lot of counter or kitchen space available for storing a blender. In that case, look for a Ninja with a slimmer profile, without a lot of extra pieces included.
3. How do I need to use it?
If you plan to make fruit smoothies on the regular, you probably want a Ninja that is good at chopping ice and frozen fruit. That is less important if you mostly need it for making baby food. Keep your intended use in mind as you shop in order to get exactly what you need without paying for extras that you don’t.
4. How tech-savvy am I?
Ninja has made significant strides in the area of “smart” blenders, with touch screen controls and the ability to utilize timed pre-set patterns of pulsing and pausing for different recipes. For some people, this is exciting. For others, it is needlessly complicated. Rest assured that Ninja has a blender for you, no matter how you feel about technology.
5. What additional functions would be helpful to have?
Ninja blenders can do way more than just blend these days. In fact, some Ninjas come with accessories that allow you to make dough of any kind or even ice cream. Some include storage containers with lids that go right from blending to the fridge. It can be a real money-saver when one appliance handles multiple jobs!
A Note About BPA
BPA, or bisphenol-A, is a chemical used in a lot of plastics. It is also a known endocrine disrupter and carcinogen. Eating from plastic containers that contain BPA leads to direct consumption of this dangerous chemical. That’s why Ninja makes all of its products from plastic guaranteed to be free of BPA.
All Ninja blenders come with a One Year Limited Warranty.
Top 10 Best Ninja Blender on the Market
1 Ninja Professional Countertop Blender with 1100-Watt Base, 72oz Total Crushing Pitcher and (2) 16oz Cups for Frozen Drinks and Smoothies (BL660)
Best for: People who need to prepare blended batches both large and small.
Ninja Professional Blender with Nutri Ninja Cups is an 1100 watt machine featuring 3 speeds, pulse, and single-serve functions. It has a 72 oz. pitcher that can crush ice into snow in seconds, making for a creamy texture in frozen drinks and smoothies. Note that though the pitcher is 72 oz., the max liquid capacity is 64 oz.
This blender also comes with two 16 oz. Nutri Ninja Cups that can be fitted to the blender base to make single serving beverages. The cups have to-go lids included, perfect for sipping on a breakfast smoothie in the car or taking it along on a walk.
- Single Serve Blade Assembly
- 8 x 6 x 17 inches
- 7.6 pounds
- Dishwasher safe
- Easily crushes ice
- Pitcher pours cleanly
- Pulse option is great for chopping veggies
- Relatively noisy operation
- Pitcher lid may leak with loose liquids
- To-go lids do not have a closed position
2 Ninja Professional 72oz Countertop Blender with 1000-Watt Base and Total Crushing Technology for Smoothies, Ice and Frozen Fruit (BL610)
Best for: Families and people who primarily want to make multiple servings.
This version of the Ninja Professional blender has a 1,000 watt base and comes with just the 72 oz. pitcher (64 oz. max liquid capacity). It powers through ice, frozen fruit, and whole vegetables in no time with its 6 blade assembly.
Achieve the perfect crush, blend, or puree with the settings on this blender. It is a basic model with easy-to-understand controls offering high, medium, and low speeds as well as pulse. This blender is great for smoothies, sauces, and dips.
- 6 blade assembly
- 10.6 x 8.2 x 15.8 inches
- 8.65 pounds
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to use and clean
- Pitcher and lid lock into place with audible click
- Stacked blades blend evenly with no chunks
- Blades need frequent sharpening
- Tall profile may make it difficult to store
- No ability to add product while blades are spinning
3 Ninja Personal Blender for Shakes, Smoothies, Food Prep, and Frozen Blending with 700-Watt Base and (2) 16-Ounce Cups with Spout Lids (QB3001SS)
Best for: Making single servings; people new to juicing or smoothies; small kitchens.
If you are mostly going to use your blender for single-serving concoctions, this smaller Ninja personal blender may fit the bill. It has a compact 700 watt power base and comes with two 16 oz. Nutri Ninja cups and matching Sip & Seal lids. Not only that, but you also get an “inspiration guide” with 30 healthy recipes to try.
Like other Ninjas, this one is known for crushing ice easily. Power is engaged by pushing down on the cup after it is attached to the base, so there is only one speed. But you can pulse your food by pushing and releasing at a tempo chosen by you for best results.
- Nutri Ninja blade
- 9.4 x 5.9 x 13.7 inches
- 7 pounds
- Dishwasher safe
- Cups are made of thick, sturdy plastic and fit in most car cup holders
- Compact; stores easily
- To-go lids have open and closed positions
- User must keep a hand on it while it works
- Not for hot liquids
- Time consuming to stop and stir contents if anything gets stuck
4 Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770) Blender/Food Processor with 1500W Auto-iQ Base
Best for: Larger kitchens; people who want to use their blender for multiple purposes.
This is no entry-level blender – this is a blending system. It is perfect for people who are adventurous in the kitchen and want to reduce the overall number of kitchen appliances on their counters. The Ninja Mega Kitchen System comes with a 72 oz. pitcher, 64 oz. processor bowl, and two 16 oz. cups for individual servings.
With 1,500 watts of power in the base, it pulverizes ice in seconds. Smoothies and frozen beverages come out smooth as silk. You can also make dough in less than a minute with this Ninja blender/food processor hybrid. Single serving beverages are easy to make in a 16 oz. cup and then take with you after popping on one of the included to-go lids. If you’re looking for some inspiration, this Ninja also comes with the 30-recipe guidebook.
- Three blades: single serving, dough, and double-blade stacked
- 9.5 x 8.2 x 17.8 inches
- 9.2 pounds
- Dishwasher safe
- Incredible versatility
- Stable base with suction cup feet
- Sharp, powerful blades
- No entry hole on lid for emulsifying
- Loud operation
- Bottle brush may be required to clean receptacles
5 Ninja BL480D Blender 24/18 oz Black/Silver
Best for: Smaller kitchens; tech-savvy users; making single servings of various sizes
This 1,000 watt Ninja is great for people who primarily want to make small servings, but of different sizes. It comes with two blending cups – small 18 oz. and medium 24 oz. There is also a 32 oz. cup size that is compatible with this blender, but it must be purchased separately. Two Sip & Seal lids are included for taking smoothies on the go. Ninja Pro Extractor blades power through ice, frozen fruit, and whole vegetables with ease. With this tool, your protein shakes will never be grainy.
A nice bonus is the Auto iQ technology that allow you to utilize intelligent programs. These preprogrammed settings use unique timed pulsing, blending, and pausing patterns to achieve perfect results on a variety of recipes every time. A countdown timer shows how much time is left on the program; alternately, it records how long the blade has been running when you are using one of two manual speeds.
If you need a little help getting started, an instruction book and an extra guide with product tips and recipes are included.
- Ninja Pro Extractor blades
- 15.5 x 6 x 6 inches
- 9.65 pounds
- Dishwasher safe
- Auto-iQ programs make blending easy and consistent
- Suction cups on base for stability
- Slim profile that is easy to store and even transport
- Blade requires some hand strength to screw on tightly
- Noisy operation
- Learning curve for use
6 Ninja Blender/Food Processor with 450-Watt Base, 48oz Pitcher, 16oz Chopper Bowl, and 40oz Processor Bowl for Shakes, Smoothies, and Meal Prep (QB1004)
Best for: Prepping ingredients ahead of cooking time; people who need a variety of containers; smaller kitchens.
This Ninja features three containers and a power pod that sits atop each container to blend. Along with the 450-watt power pod, you’ll get a 48 oz. pitcher, great for family-sized servings of frozen drinks and smoothies; a 40 oz. bowl with splash guard for meal prep and food processing functions; and a 16 oz. chopper bowl for dicing fruit and vegetables. The two smaller containers come with a storage lid, allowing you to prepare and store ingredients.
Like other Ninja models, this one crushes ice into snow in mere seconds. In the two smaller containers, there are controls to mince, dice, chop, blend, and puree, making it perfect for sticky products like nut butter. The 48 oz. pitcher offers beautifully blended frozen concoctions. A pulse feature is perfect for chopping fresh ingredients evenly. Each container has a wide, no-slip base.
- 4-blade & 6-blade stacked blade attachments
- 48.7 x 18.5 x 29.5 inches
- 7.08 pounds
- Dishwasher safe
- Blends evenly
- Very sharp blades
- Customer service is very responsive
- Food cannot be added while blender is running
- Blender power button must be held to keep it going
- Can be challenging to clean thoroughly
7 Ninja 400-Watt Blender/Food Processor for Frozen Blending, Chopping and Food Prep with 48-Ounce Pitcher and 16-Ounce Chopper Bowl (QB900B)
Best for: Space saving; nice style; occasional use.
Another power pod model, this Ninja has 400 watts of power and comes with 2 containers: a 48 oz. pitcher and a 16 oz. chopper bowl. The containers have no-slip bases to keep them steady when the heavier power pod is attached to the top. Beyond these main components, in the box you will find a stacked blade assembly and chopping blade assembly along with splash guards and storage lids for each container.
The power pod is a sleek gray color and allows users to mince, dice, chop, blend, and puree, as well as absolutely demolish ice. The pulse feature creates a nice even chop for veggies. The larger 48 oz. pitcher has an easy pour spout to make serving up smoothies or margaritas a breeze.
- Stacked blade assembly and chopping blade assembly
- 11 x 12.2 x 7 inches
- 4 pounds
- Dishwasher safe
- Compact and easy to store
- Crushes ice with ease
- Blends or chops evenly
- Only one speed
- Cannot add ingredients while blender is running
- Customer pays shipping if replacement parts required
8 Ninja Smart Screen Blender with 1000-Watt Base, 4-Auto-iQ Programs, Touchscreen Display, Total Crushing Pitcher, (CT650)
Best for: Heavy duty blending; family sized portions.
When you’re looking for a powerful blender to take apart anything you throw at it, look no further than this 1,000 watt Ninja. It has a huge 72 oz. pitcher and stacked blade assembly to leave no food unblended. In fact, you can make ice cream right in this blender if you start with frozen ingredients.
The touchscreen controls are easy to use and offer a wide variety of settings to customize the results. Auto-iQ technology provides four timed, pre-set patterns of pulsing and pausing, while the manual controls allow you to design your own pattern. This could be a good choice if you need a large blender but don’t want a lot of extra accessories to clutter up your kitchen.
- Stacked blade assembly
- 8.9 x 10.8 x 17.3 inches
- 8.07 pounds
- Dishwasher safe
- Multiple speed settings including 4 Auto-iQ pre-set patterns
- No need to hold buttons during operation
- Sharp blades power through frozen items
- Not compatible with any single serve cups
- Powdered ingredients may stick to inner walls
9 Ninja Smart Screen Duo Technology in Black (CT661V) Countertop Blender with Freshvac 72 oz
Best for: Advanced home chefs; people who need both family-sized and individual servings; people who tend to store their blended goods.
This is a “next generation” blender with an astonishing 1,400 watts of power from the base. It comes with a 72 oz. pitcher as well as two 20 oz. single serving Freshvac containers. The base is able to sense which size of container has been placed on it and automatically display the relevant settings to match. It offers 7 pre-set blending programs, all designed by a professional chef, as well as 3 manual settings.
Where this Ninja really distinguishes itself is in the Freshvac vacuum that removes oxygen from the ingredients in your blender before blending them. This creates a beautiful texture to smoothies and shakes with less foam and separation. More than that, it can preserve your food for much longer than normal. Users have been especially amazed at how long their homemade guacamole lasts without browning due to Freshvac technology.
- Pro Extractor Blades
- 8.9 x 10.8 x 17.3 inches
- 11.4 pounds
- Dishwasher safe
- Superior texture and freshness provided by Freshvac technology
- Multiple container sizes are auto sensed by the base
- Helpful presets as well as manual option
- Freshvac needs 6 AA batteries or a power cord purchased separately
- Freshvac may suck up liquid if your container is completely full
- 20 oz. containers have internal ridges that make it difficult to scrape out
10 Nutri Ninja Personal and Countertop Blender with 1200-Watt Auto-iQ Base, 72-Ounce Pitcher, and 18, 24, and 32-Ounce Cups with Spout Lids (BL642)
Best for: People who want the ultimate flexibility in serving size.
This particular Ninja features 1,200 watts of power and Auto-iQ blending programs as well as manual controls. It comes with the 72 oz. pitcher (remember that the max liquid capacity is only 64 oz.). The Nutri Ninja Pro Extractor Blades are great for crushing ice into snow and breaking down whole fruits, vegetables, and seeds.
One of the best features of this Ninja blender is that it comes with three additional containers beyond the large 72 oz. one. You also get 18, 24, and 32 ounce sizes that all come with their own spout lids. So whether you are preparing your own morning smoothie to take with you to work, or need a whole pitcher of margaritas for a get together, this machine can handle it.
- Nutri Ninja Pro Extractor Blades
- 7 x 10 x 17.5 inches
- 10.1 pounds
- Dishwasher safe
- Comes with 4 different sizes of containers
- Largest container has a port for adding ingredients while the blender is on
- Timer lets you know how long you’ve been blending, or how long is left on the program
- Takes up a significant amount of counter space
- Threads on cup lids can be challenging to clean
- Can be tricky to seat containers so that the base recognizes them
About the Ninja Company
Ninja® is just one of the home-care brands on the market today from SharkNinja Operating LLC, which started in Montreal, Canada in 1998 but now has its home in Needham, Massachusetts. The mission of the company has always been to provide small appliances and cleaning solutions that make the lives of busy people just a bit easier.
SharkNinja is one of the leading companies in the home goods sector, having developed a huge range of cutting edge products, including chemical-free steam mops, innovative vacuums, versatile coffee and tea makers, and of course, state of the art blenders.
You may have seen SharkNinja CEO Mark Rosenzweig in many different television ads on major cable networks. He leads the company with a hands-on approach to providing inventive products at a great value for consumers. The company is proudest of their innovation, competitive pricing, and ease of use.
These days, a blender is not always just a blender. Ninja understands the need for busy Americans to multi-task as much as possible, and has designed a line of blenders that can fulfill multiple purposes. But that doesn’t mean they don’t also make blenders that are simply blenders. Having the choice to get exactly what we need, no more and no less, is one of the things that makes us as consumers trust a particular brand. Ninja delivers on that premise. With a huge range of available blenders and their associated accessory kits, the best Ninja blender for you is just a click away.