Skip navigation.

cocktail shaker


cocktail shakers & mixers

Also known as

cobbler shaker, julep shaker


A three piece center pour cocktail shaker used in bars but most commonly found in the home. Available since the late 1800s and at its height of popularity in the 1930s and 40s, it has been produced in a wide range of styles from sleek and minimal to highly ornamented. This style of shaker is easier to master than the Boston shaker, although it still requires some practice to shake correctly and avoid the cold contraction which can lead to its parts binding together.

Museum of the American Cocktail
Tales of the Cocktail 2006
Home  •  Did we make a mistake? Leave something out? Talk to us!  •  Link to CocktailDB

Copyright © 2004 - All photography on this site is under copyright control. Licensing information